July 08, 2004

Actually, this week's really hectic. Every evening in this week is taken up by something, and some are super boliao ones. shit. Honest. I don't like it when all my evenings in a week are taken up, especially some are really lousy appointments. Let me correct that. I don't like lousy appointments at all, don't care it's evening or anything else.


"Fuck quality"
I wonder why people bother to go through the whole process of setting up a bureacracy just to do charity. The whole bloody time and effort AND money that goes into building and establishing this bureaucracy could very well have gone into helping someone.

And then, I am kept being told this irritating thing about "We want quality in our club, don't compromise on anything." And I think, hullo??? This is not a business firm or a limited company. Hell, this is not NIKE (and even Nike's slogan says 'Just Do It!' and not on and on about we must this and we must that).

Quality help, if there's such a term, is about getting in the act and staying on the ground and get your hands dirty doing the job. NOT about how we should look professional while doing our meagre fund-raising. Total bullshit.

One last note. People think that by helping others in need of help, it says that they are more superior or more successful than them. The assumption made is problematic. We shouldn't really go into helping people thinking they are less fortunate or successful than you. That's pity. And pity, they have no need of. Many of these 'less fortunate' people live happier and more meaningful lives than most of us. They'd be helping you more with their strength and optimism in life instead of vice versa.

We are all chicken shit. Remember that. And oh yes, Fuck that thing about quality.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 18:20